A satisfying lunch or light dinner served with you choice of sides.
Grilled chicken with coriander chilli butter
- Chicken thighs 8, boned with skin on, opened out flat
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice of 1
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Coriander Chilli butter
- 75gr softened butter
- Green chillies—finely chop one removing the seeds first
- Coriander—chop a few sprigs
- Garlic—1 clove chopped finely
- With a very sharp knife, make some slits in the chicken thighs on both sides. Rub them with the olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate for a couple of hours.
- Heat a griddle pan until it is really hot. Season the oiled chicken(salt & pepper) and put it onto the griddle pan, skin-side down. Let it sizzle and splatter for 2 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Lower the heat and continue to cook until the thighs are done all the way through – about another 5 minutes – turning once more.
- Prepare butter and place in freezer.
- Place teaspoon of coriander chilli butter on the chicken and then a squeeze lemon juice.