This South Western inspired open faced sandwich is a zesty protein filled lunch packed full of flavour.
Avocado, tomato & black beans on Sourdough
- 115g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 80g boiling water
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- slices of jalapeño
- coriander for serving
- 1 ripe avocado, halved pitted and sliced thin
- Combine tomatoes, 1 tsp oil and pinch each o salat and pepper in a bowl
- Mash beans, boiling water, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper and remaining 1 tbs oil with potato masher, leaving some whole beans intact
- Toast bread, top with bean puree, slices of avocado and quartered tomatoes.
- Sprinkle few slices of jalapeño and some coriander leaves and serve immediately